This is a very simple curry south Indian style. Very easy to make.
Cabbage Chopped: 1 cup
Onion chopped: 1/4th cup
Green Chillies chopped: one tsp
Ginger chopped or grated: 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Bengal gram: 1/2 Tbsp
Black gram: 2 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 2 tsp
Asafoetida powder : a pinchCurry leaves: one or two sprigs
Oil: 1 Tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan. add bengal gram and black gram. Fry for a minute.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ginger and green chillies. Fry for a minute.
- Now add asafoetida powder and curry leaves.
- Add onion and fry till it turns pink.
- Now add the cabbage mix well cover and cork for three to five minutes. If required add a little water.
- When cooked serve hot with rice. It makes good filling for a sandwich too.